Creative Technology Center and Immersive Technology Lab
Creative Technology Center
150 Mass Ave., Rm. 105
The Creative Technology Center (CTC) is open to all college and conservatory students, regardless of major or field of study. The CTC provides workstations along with a catalog of hardware available for circulation. Located on the first floor, below the Stan Getz Library, the CTC assists students with technical questions and facilitates collaboration and experimentation.
- iMac Pro workstations with music and multimedia production software.
- Laptop workstations with external displays and keyboard/mouse.
- Synthesizers, MIDI controllers, audio interfaces and more.
- Technology training via classes, workshops and one-on-one peer training.
Immersive Technology Lab
150 Mass Ave., Rm. 106
Located at the CTC, the Immersive Technology Lab (ITL) exposes visitors to emerging technologies such as virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), mixed reality (MR), 360º video and other immersive media. Located at the Creative Technology Center, ITL is available for students, faculty and staff to visit.
- PC workstations with audio, multimedia, game production and VR software.
- VR headsets, ambisonic mics, 360º cameras and more for circulation.
Library Lab 1
150 Mass Ave., Rm. 275
Please bring your own headphones. This room is self-service, first come, first served. Access the computers by signing in with your One Pass.
Located on the second floor behind the Stan Getz Library, the lab provide additional workstations for individual work in music and research.
Workstations & Computer Labs
No laptop power adapters to be provided: bring your own laptop power adapter.
No food or drink at any workstations.
When you arrive:
- Scan your ID at the Library door to gain access.
Workstation check-in is self service:
- Scan the QR code at your reserved station, or
- Manually access the reservation confirmation link in your email.
The CTC has an inventory of equipment available for in-facility use. Commonly used items include audio interfaces for recording electric guitar and bass, analog synths and MIDI control surfaces.
You may add a piece of equipment to your workstation reservation in advance of your visit or request upon arrival.
A limited number of specific items may circulate out of the facility. View out of facility items.