- Electronic Resources
- Circulation of Items
- Checking items out
- Returning items
- Due Dates for Checked-out Materials
- Items On Reserve
- Interlibrary Loan
- Services and Support
- Reference, Faculty Support, & Library Instruction
- Technology Training
- Borrowing from Other Libraries (Interlibrary Loan)
The Library Services and Resources During COVID19
Please visit https://berklee.edu/covid19 for more detailed information about Berklee’s response and resources at this time.
Classes are now online -- so are we!!
While The Library facilities are closed until further notice, library staff are available to assist faculty and students with accessing our rich set of digital resources and online services listed below. To contact us, please use our online chat facility Ask Us Live!. Specific coverage hours for this chat service will be posted at the library website. You can also contact us through the Ask us webform, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While our facilities are closed, we are available for Ask Us Live! chat and support during the following hours:
Monday through Thursday: 8:45AM to 11:45PM (EDT)
Friday: 8:45AM to 9:45PM (EDT)
Saturday: 10:00AM to 9:45PM (EDT)
Sunday: 1:00PM to 11:45PM (EDT)
The Library has a vast amount of online content freely available to the Berklee community. All faculty, students, and staff are encouraged to explore this content on our Articles & Databases listing. Here, you will find electronic versions of eBooks, eScores, newspapers, magazines, journals, streaming audio and video, and much more.
Please note: it is important to access these resources only through the Articles & Databases list on the library website. Accessing these licensed resources directly on the open internet will by-pass the Berklee library license, giving you at best a restricted version of the resource, or in some cases no access at all. When accessing our online resources from off campus through the library website, you will in most cases be prompted for your OnePass credentials. If you encounter difficulties or need assistance, please contact us through our online chat facility, the Ask us webform, text us at 617-500-6131, or send email to email@example.com.
Berklee community members can also find more online / electronic resources by using our Augmented Search at https://library.berklee.edu. On the search results page, simply select "Electronically Available" checkbox on the left side to show items that are available online.
Until further notice, our facilities are closed. But our library staff is still available and eager to help you. To contact us, please use our online chat facility Ask Us Live!. Specific coverage hours for this chat service will be posted at the library website. You can also contact us through the Ask us webform, text us at 617-500-6131, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
With our facilities currently closed, all patrons are asked to not come on campus to return any items they have checked out. We have adjusted our due dates and notifications in order to help support this. For any questions regarding the items that are checked out, please reach out to us via our Ask us webform, text us at 617-500-6131, or send email to email@example.com.
If you must return items, we suggest sending them through the mail. The USPS has a mail rate known as "Media Mail" or via a USPS "Flat Rate" option. Simply ask about either of these options at the nearest USPS facility location.Any mail to us can be addressed as follows:
Berklee College of Music - Stan Getz Library
1140 Boylston Street, MS150-LIB
Boston, MA 02215 U.S.A
Boston Conservatory at Berklee - Attn: Albert Alphin Library
1140 Boylston Street,
Boston, MA 02215 U.S.A
All due dates for all items have been changed to be June 1, 2020. If you have concerns about your ability to return an item that you currently have checked out, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
We are working on various ways to provide faculty access to their items on reserve. If you are a faculty member (Berklee College or Conservatory) and have questions about your reserve materials we are eager to help. Please contact us through the Ask us webform, text us at 617-500-6131, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At this time, The Library facilities are closed until further notice. However, Library staff continue to be available to assist faculty and students with accessing our rich set of digital resources and online services. To contact us, please use our online chat facility Ask Us Live!. Specific coverage hours for this chat service will be posted at the library website. You can also contact us through the Ask us webform, text us at 617-500-6131, or send email to email@example.com.
The Library staff will continue supporting learning and teaching through a variety of resources.
- Anyone in the Berklee community may direct any library requests in the following ways:
- Use our online chat service Ask Us Live! (schedule of availability listed on our front page)
- Filling out our "Ask Us" form: http://ask.library.berklee.edu/ask
- Texting / SMS: 617-500-6131
- Via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Library will still be supporting faculty with Library Instruction sessions. Any previously scheduled library instruction session can go forward. If you have not yet scheduled a library instruction session for your class but would like to do so, please contact Brendan Higgins at email@example.com.
- The library staff are happy to give extra help to students for papers, projects, or any class assignments involving library resources. Please encourage your students to visit the library homepage and contact us through one of the channels made available there.
- We are working on prioritizing online instruction videos on how to use online databases and resources, such as "how to search Augmented Search." These will be coming soon, and we will provide links to these online learning modules as they become available. We will make announcements to let all faculty know as these are available.
- Unfortunately, the library cannot offer to physically retrieve or digitize books, scores, DVDs during this period when the library facilities are closed. However, the faculty may make requests for new ebooks, streaming recordings, scores and films. To do so, please use this form or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technology training will continue to be offered by Creative Technology Center staff. Both one-on-one Peer Training and Classes will take place online via live web conference. Browse available training offerings by clicking on the Tech Training Sign Up & Assistance block on the library website. Sign-up for training requires your One Pass credentials. After sign-up, you will receive an email confirmation and link to access your online training. Please note that the training schedule times are listed in Eastern Daylight Time.
We have notified OCLC that we will not be taking any new requests for ILL until further notice.
It is unknown at this time about delays for in-process requests, as so many other libraries are also closed. We will do our best to fulfill already in-process requests, understanding that other libraries are closed as well, and physical items may not be available until a later time. Our state ILL delivery system is not delivering for the foreseeable future.
Digital resources may be found to replace a physical item. If it is possible to obtain, we will do our best to fulfill these requests. Journal articles may be available digitally from another library or a vendor, so we will try to fulfill these requests when possible.
The ILL form is here: